The Manor in Hradna had a square ground plan originally. Only two round corner bastions enhanced it. Thurzo’s Castle in Bytca was the model for the builders. Italian masters added a round tower on each corner. The exact date of construction of the Manor in Hradna is not known. However, it is assumed that it was built around 1600. The first known owner was Katarina Sirmiensis who was a daughter of Sebastian Sirmiensis. She got married to Pavel Akai, who came from the village called Aka (now Hungary). The manor belonged to the Akai family until the 20th century. The manor became popular in the 19th century, when Maria Madocani (born Akai) lived here. It was possible to enter through a gate, which stood nearby a bell tower. There was a beautiful park with exotic trees, which surrounded the Manor. There was a pond with a fountain in front of the Manor. Water flowed into the pond through the mouths of two stone lions. The sidewalks around the pond were lined with flower beds of fragrant roses. The inner courtyard had an entrance gate from the north side. There was a birdhouse in the middle of the courtyard, which was paved with stone. The round towers had onion-shaped roofs, as well as, the previously mentioned bell tower. There was a greenhouse and ponds near the Manor. One pond was located in a place where the school was later. Other four pounds were behind the Oprsalovec hill. Only one has remained until these days. Beer was brewed in the Manor, therefore, the street from the north side leading to the last pond is called Pivovarska (Beer street). Maria Madocani often welcomed special guests in the mansion, one of them was the writer Moric Jokai. Musicians from Vienna used to play in the garden. Maria Madocani wished to be buried in the crypt behind the Manor. She was buried there when she died in 1894. However, her remains have been moved to a local cemetery in 1941 due to a bad condition of the crypt.
The first intervention in the area of the manor was the shift of the Hradnianka stream during its regulation in 1930, which changed the whole area in front of the Manor. Several local residents bought the Manor house from Vincent Micura in 1937. There was a shop in the Manor house later, in addition to housing. Moreover, there were social gatherings in the large hall, and the pupils were taught here in 1928-1930. The Manor has several owners even today. It is disappearing among the buildings of the houses, which are built very close to it. It has been decaying for years. This Renaissance mansion has been declared a National heritage site in 1963.
zdroj: Vlastný výskum autorky textu M. Kerešovej.