The first school in Hradna was established in 1929 as a volksschule. It was located in the Manor. Until then, children had gone to the Church schools in Sulov, but they had also been taught by domestic farmers. The school building began to be built in the 1930 according to the plans of the builder Frantisek Vorsa from Trencianska Tepla. The constriction was finished in a year. The teaching began in the September of the school year of the1931/1932. Although, the building was not approved until the 28th of November in 1932. The Czech teachers Jozef Kosar and Bedrich Autrata laid the foundation of a great educational and cultural growth in Hradna. They were popular among local residents. There was a decorative garden with gravel paths and flower beds in the school yard, in addition to the utility garden. There was a wooden stage for the theatre or other school performances in the back of the courtyard. Jozef Podhorany worked as a teacher in Hradna during the second World War. He actively participated in the Slovak National Uprising. The building was repaired in 1975. The primary school was no longer in operation in the village in 1977. It was replaced by kindergarten, which was closed down due to the reduced number of children in 1985. The dilapidated building was bought from the village by Prema Ltd. There was a production of wooden toys and engineering production later. The building has belonged to the family of one of the founders of Prema Ltd. since 1998.
zdroj: Vlastný výskum autorky textu M. Kerešovej.