This originally evangelical cemetery was founded at the end of the18th century and the beginning of the 19th century. Grave stones of nobility have been preserved as the oldest at the cemetery. The tombstone of Karol Sirmiensis was made by the order of his son Alexander Sulovsky with his wife Anna Urmeni in 1812. The text on the tombstone is in latin language.
The tombstone, which is next to it, belongs to Ludovit Sirmienis. A sad willow is depicted there. Ludovit was Karol Sirmiensis and Eva Sontag ‘s grandson. He got married to Terezia Desefiova in the village Vanyarcz (now Hungary) on the 19th of November in 1817. He became the captain of the Hussar regiment, an associate of a county court of Trencin County and a superintendent of the Sulov evangelic congregation. He died when he was 45 years old on the 19th of November in 1829 in Sulov. A tombstone with Latin text was made by order of his widow.
There is a more dominant tombstone of Juliana Zitkovska in the distance. Juliana was born on the 14th of January in 1743 in Bratislava. Stefan Zitkovsky, Juliana’s father, was a lawyer of the royal treasury, and Juliana’s mother Katarina came from the old House of Kochmeister. Juliana got married to Frantisek Sirmiensis on the 14th of July in 1765. Frantisek was a captain of an army and an associate of a county court of Trencin County. Juliana Zitkovska died when she was 48 years old, on the 10th of September in 1791 in Sulov. The text on the tombstone is in latin language. Frantisek Sirmiensis died as an old man on the 26th of February in 1825. He was 86 years old. The Evangelical congregation from Sulov bought Frantisek’s manor after his death. Later on, it became rectory. A tombstone has a metal enclosure. This atypical design attracts an attention. It belongs to Jan Krizan - a former evangelical priest.
The House of Mourning at the cemetery was built in 2007.
zdroj: Vlastný výskum autorky textu M. Kerešovej.